The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Idachi
Idachi

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-23

Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Empty
PostSubject: Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies.   Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 1:17 am

Since we're trying to get more and more people attuned for Onyxia, I figured I'd post a fairly simple walkthrough to help people out.

Speaking of helping people out, mad props to Bunger, Kaieprincess, Elyssia, Orangejuice, Silverflask, and Atherial...these guys totally helped me out with these quests and therefore helped me write the guide.

MOLTEN CORE ALERT: If you see stuff written in red, it pertains to the MC attunment quest. You know, because Molten Core has a lot of lava, and lava is red. It's a little thing called 'symbolism'.

STEP 1: Arrive in Burning Steppes.
You will need to talk to Helendis Riverhorn. He will give you a quest called Dragonkin Menace.

This is a fairly easy quest if you're above 60. The only hard part is trying to find a Black Drake, as only a few fly around at a time. Once you find one you won't be able to miss it; they're very very large.

STEP 2: The True Masters quests
After the Dragonkin Menace, Helendis Riverhorn will send you on one of those boring FedEx quests where you deliver mail to other Azerothians. Snore. Each one of the quests is called The True Masters which is completed in this order

• True Masters pt 1: Go to Lakeshire and talk to Magistrate Solomon.

• True Masters pt 2: From Lakeshire, go to Stormwind Keep and talk to Highlord Bolvar Fordragon.

• True Masters pt 3: While in the Keep, ask Lady Katrina Prestor her opinion on dragons.

• True Masters pt 4: Bolivar will send you back to Lakeshire with a decree. Return to Magistrate Solomon and give him the decree.

• True Masters pt 5: Solomon wants you to talk to Marshall Maxwell in the Burning Steppes, so hop on a gryphon and get over there.

• True Masters pt 6: Maxwell wants you to go to a cave in the northern region of the Burning Steppes and talk to Ragged John. Listen to Ragged John's story and return to Maxwell. Ragged John can be found by this cave, but despite what the quest says, he is not actually sitting in the cave. He's outside the cave. Be careful not to aggro the Horde wind rider master while you're over there!

STEP 3: Marshal Windsor
Ragged John says that Marshal Windsor is actually alive. Ah, but he's just a smelly old dwarf, what does he know? Marshall Maxwell demands proof, so it's off to Blackrock Depths you go!

If you're above 62 or so you should be able to casually stroll through BRD and not aggro anything as long as you don't blatantly run into it. I'd still suggest going with a buddy just in case something happens, plus you can both get this stuff knocked out.

MOLTEN CORE ALERT: If you need to be attuned for Molten Core, why not kill two birds with one stone? Go talk to the Blood Elf by the BRD meeting stone and snag the MC attunement quest called Attunement to the Core.

Marshal Windsor can be found in one of the cells in BRD. I wish I had a picture to show you which one, but alas, I don't. He should start screaming when you get close to him, however. You need the Prison Cell Key (or 300 lockpicking, I think) to get him out of the cell. The Prison Cell Key drops off of High Interrogator Gerstahn.

STEP 4: Abandoned Hope
Marshal Windsor is totally bummed and just wants to be left alone, so now it's time to break the news to Marshal Maxwell. Run out of the instance to where Maxwell is and if all possible, don't reset the instance, because you're just going to go back in a few seconds.

STEP 5: A Crumpled Up Note
Return to BRD and just start wailing on things until you get the quest item 'A Crumpled Up Note'. The drop rate on the note isn't all that great, but if you're over 60 you should be plowing through these suckers, so it's all good.

Once you've gotten the note, run over to Windsor's cell and hand it to him.

STEP 6: A Shred of Hope and Jail Break!
Slay General Angerforge and Golem Lord Argelmach to recieve Windsor's lost information. These dudes are very close to each other, so you don't have to worry too much about backtracking.

MOLTEN CORE ALERT: I don't really remember Windsor's walk route, and I don't think he goes anywhere even remotely near the MC entrance, so why not do that part right now? As you can see from Atlas, you're over by the big 14 or 15, and you need to go to 23. Now, when I went through here my first time at level 53, our little PuG decided to take a short cut. We decided to name that short cut "SWIMMING THROUGH THE FREAKING LAVA". We wiped many, many times. Please, don't be stupid like we were. There's not that many mobs to pummel through to get to the Molten Core entrance, and once you're there, all you have to do is click a little piece of stone, grab a Core Fragment, and then return to the Blood Elf. Easy.

Anyway, back to the Windsor quest. If you have been soloing the Shred of Hope quest, you might want a group before starting Jail Break. It also helps if you clear out his walk route before you start the quest (or at least start clearing out his route while he's plodding along behind you). During this quest, Windsor will go from wearing nothing but his skivvies to his fancy schmancy armor, and finally he'll make you go free a buddy of his. When you're done with this quest, he tells you to meet him in Stormwind.

STEP 7: Stormwind Rendezvous and that BIG FREAKING DRAGON!
Get to the gates of Stormwind and talk to Squire Rowe to summon Windsor. Now, start your trek up to Stormwind Keep. The quest you're on right now should be called The Great Masquerade.

Remember when you went to Stormwind Keep for your very first time to go to Warsong Gulch and you saw the lady turn into the dragon and you probably sat there freaking out? This is that quest. Pat yourself on the back (or something), you've gotten this far into the game!

If this is your first time to see the event, well....Lady Prestor is Onyxia, ZOMG! affraid

Sit back (waaay far back) and watch. As long as you don't get aggro, you shouldn't have to fight anything. Windsor dies and Bolvar gives you a new quest.

Also, if all possible, try to start the fight scene while there's a lot of low-level players running around. Hilarity ensues.

STEP 8: Hope you've gotten your Winterspring flight path!
Bolvar asks you to find "another of dragon blood" to complete the Dragon's Eye quest. The "another" he speaks of is Haleh in Winterspring. If you ever did the Breastplate of the Chromatic Flight quest, you probably remember Haleh. If you didn't, she can be a little hard to find, as she's just standing on top of a mountain.

I've found a video that shows basically the same route I went. Sure, you'll spend a few minutes jumping in place like a moron, but it's easier than learning how to jump to a specific spot or fall to your doom and aggro dragonkins.

EDIT: I've noticed with the vertically inclined characters, jumping up to this weird invisible ledge is easier said than done. If you just can't get to the secret spot no matter what, you'll have to take the long way. Basically, go through the nearby cave full of cobalt dragonkin until you see a small glowing blue rune on the floor. Most of the dragonkin are only level 58 elite, so if you're about 63+ (or have a buddy with you) these guys shouldn't be too hard to kill.

STEP 9: LFM UBRS PST!
Haleh will tell you to go get the Blood of the Black Dragon Champion from General Drakkisath....AKA the last boss in UBRS.

Yes yes yes, I'm sure you've had your fill of UBRS runs and you're mighty tired of that place, but suck it up!

Once you've gotten the scale, return to Haleh and she will craft you the Drakefire Amulet!

CONGRATS! You're now attuned to Onyxia! You don't have to wear the amulet to get into your lair; as long as you have it in your inventory you should be fine!

Last edited by on Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foddermike
Foddermike

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-09-28

Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies.   Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:11 am

FedEx Quest? Aye lass, ye've a way wit words what even a Gnome couldna unravel t'were it a riddle an road map all in one!

Thanks fer the heads up wit yer post. Looks like I have a couple steps completed already, but a butt-load more to do. Guess this is me new home fer the rest o' the week.

Darn, an' I was so lookin' ferward to joinin' Butters in Hello Kitty: Island Adventure World

-Foddermike
Back to top Go down

Idachi's Onyxia Chain and Molten Core Questing for Dummies.
Page 1 of 1