The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
How and who? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
How and who? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
How and who? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
How and who? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
How and who? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
How and who? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
How and who? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
How and who? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
How and who? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How and who?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvenori
Admin
Silvenori

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-05-17

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:17 am

Now that I'm getting to be a big doodad I'm curious what are the specifications or how do I get into or join a Kara team?

I'm level 68 currently, with what I think good gear. Alot of them are greens but IMHO good greens. I was just curious how I go about joining the raiding team? I'd also like to know if I'm good enough to not get my fur handed to me and cause the team problems.

(See signature below) (Click on the character to be taken to the armory page for that character.)
Back to top Go down
cptpoor
Paladin
cptpoor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-02-20

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 am

Hey Silvenori,

Thank you for inquiring about the Kara grps. Having some greens isn't a bad thing if your gonna be a kitty or boomkin (ie DPS druid), if you plan on healing or tanking gear can become an important thing, and as i'm no expert on Druids if you do plan on tanking or healing speak to Zarith/Druidclaw for more info on tanking. When you hit 70 and wanna upgrade your gear there are a couple of ways to do it (one quick and one alittle more time consuming)

At lvl 70 as long as you are Honored with: Sha'tar, Honor Hold, Cenarion Expedition, Keepers of TIme, and Lower City, you can obtain a 5 peice blue set that has all the stats of the old lvl 70 Grand Marshall gear but has been renamed Crusader ... this is what i would suggest for reaching lvl 70 at first...

Once you get that gear, your next step would be to obtain the Season 1 Arena Gear (soon to be Season 2) from the battlegrounds honor and tokens.

As for when you hit 70 you can sign up on Group Calendar for Kara, its posted weekly and you can sign up everytime.

Hope some of this information helped Smile

Sincerely,
Back to top Go down
Zarith
Druid
Zarith

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-14

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Silvenori,

If you wanted to be a bear tank for the big stuff like Karazhan there are some numbers that you have to aim for.

The first one and most important is to be uncritable by level 73 bosses. To get this you need at least 415 defence and the talent Survival of the Fittest maxed (3/3). That's not including resilience. A good way to find out if you can be critted is to make a macro, just copy and paste this in the box, /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(2.6-(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*.04+GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_CRIT_TAKEN_MELEE)),1,0.5,0) . If the number shown is 0 or a negitive that means that you are uncritable! If it's a positive or anything ubove one, that means that you have some work to do.

The second thing you need to aim for is about 20k armor in Dire Bear Form. It should be straightforward so I don't need to explain that unless you have any questions. The more the better since armor, health and dodge are the only way bears can stack to help them take hits.

The third thing is that you need AT LEAST 12k health in Dire Bear Form. Again, that should be straighforward. The more the better since it helps you absorb the damage you'll be taking.

Lastly you should aim for AT LEAST a 30% dodge rate. The more dodge the better because druid's cannot become immune to crushing blows unlike other tanks so they need to stack as much dodge as they can.

A great article on gearing up a bear for tanking Kara can be found at http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/04/15/shifting-perspectives-gearing-your-bear-tank-from-70-to-karazha/ .

If you have any questions don't be afriad to talk to me, and i'll try my best to answer them. Just keep in mind that this a guideline to help you start taking Karazhan. Good luck with the final levels!

-Zarith and Dragon
(Druidclaw)

Edit: Spell check is my friend.
Back to top Go down
Silvenori
Admin
Silvenori

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Zarith wrote:
Silvenori,

If you wanted to be a bear tank for the big stuff like Karazhan there are some numbers that you have to aim for.

The first one and most important is to be uncritable by level 73 bosses. To get this you need at least 415 defence and the talent Survival of the Fittest maxed (3/3). That's not including resilience. A good way to find out if you can be critted is to make a macro, just copy and paste this in the box, /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(2.6-(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*.04+GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_CRIT_TAKEN_MELEE)),1,0.5,0) . If the number shown is 0 or a negitive that means that you are uncritable! If it's a positive or anything ubove one, that means that you have some work to do.

The second thing you need to aim for is about 20k armor in Dire Bear Form. It should be straightforward so I don't need to explain that unless you have any questions. The more the better since armor, health and dodge are the only way bears can stack to help them take hits.

The third thing is that you need AT LEAST 12k health in Dire Bear Form. Again, that should be straighforward. The more the better since it helps you absorb the damage you'll be taking.

Lastly you should aim for AT LEAST a 30% dodge rate. The more dodge the better because druid's cannot become immune to crushing blows unlike other tanks so they need to stack as much dodge as they can.

A great article on gearing up a bear for tanking Kara can be found at http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/04/15/shifting-perspectives-gearing-your-bear-tank-from-70-to-karazha/ .

If you have any questions don't be afriad to talk to me, and i'll try my best to answer them. Just keep in mind that this a guideline to help you start taking Karazhan. Good luck with the final levels!

-Zarith and Dragon
(Druidclaw)

Edit: Spell check is my friend.

Sigh,

need 9000 armour, 3000HP and 75 defence.

Now I know why every druid I see is a tree it's alot easier to do. Well I dont like easy so i guess I'll be DPS for awhile until I can get good tanking gear.
Back to top Go down
Zarith
Druid
Zarith

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-14

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:56 pm

A little tip, try to get the Heavy Clefthoof set. It'll help you reach those numbers. If you can't find somebody who can make it, just let me know and I'll craft it for you. The only thing you would need to gather would be the Clefthoof leather. Good luck!

-Z and Dragon
Back to top Go down
Silvenori
Admin
Silvenori

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Zarith wrote:
A little tip, try to get the Heavy Clefthoof set. It'll help you reach those numbers. If you can't find somebody who can make it, just let me know and I'll craft it for you. The only thing you would need to gather would be the Clefthoof leather. Good luck!

-Z and Dragon

*Looks at her Herbalist cutting shears* Guess I need to find a skinner : /
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How and who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How and who?   How and who? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How and who?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wrath of Lordaeron :: Raid Staging Ground :: Outlands Raids-
Jump to: