The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Point Reward System - 1st Draft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Atherial
Admin
Atherial

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2006-09-19

Point Reward System - 1st Draft Empty
PostSubject: Point Reward System - 1st Draft   Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:32 am

Ok, this is not offical yet but I am looking on feed back on a proposed point system that is similar to DKP but not as Anel.

Basically it works like this..

All epic items that drop in a 10man Raid and up will not be "bidded on" and the loot will be handeld by a Loot Master.

All items begin a starting bid of 5 or 10 points, and then auctioned off to the "VALID" class's highest bidder. If no one bids on the item, then it gets DE'd.
The bids will last 1-2 minutes for each item.

How do we get points? Show up to the raid.. stay untill the raid leader calls it.
Any player that signs up, and shows up to the raid gets 10 points. Anyone who stays till the end of the raid gets 10 points.

So that means you get 20 points per raid night! Points will be tallied by the raid leader and updated on the raid point score board that will be up on the forum.

Now, this isn;t to punish anyone, but rather to reward those people who are dedicated to raiding,a nd to be fair that they should get rewarded for that dedication.

Q - A - will be updated as more questions are asked...
What happends if i run out of points and a class specific item I needs drops, but there is no one else to claim it?

That is easy, you get it by default, points are deducted till you hit zero, but there is no reason why it can't go to someone who needs it. But if a cross clas item drops later on you won't have the points to roll for it. And no, you cannot go into negative points.

This is dumb, why do we have to do this?

We don't have to yet, but most guilds now have a point system in place... this doesn't make us sheep, but we need to reward those players that are taking the time to sign up on group calender, who are taking the time to show up for raids, and who stick with the raids as long as they can and finish it. If your concerned, then your not doing this.. so maybe the question that should be asked is, Am I that usless that im letting the guild and everyone else down that much? That answer is yes.... Cool

If people get really offened at this system, maybe they are part of the problem, and not of the solution.. Personally I HATE point systems.. but again and again I see players doing the right thing and contributing tot he raids, and others floating in and out. That takes the gear away from the raiders and really really slows our progress down. Do you know that as of november we have been raiding Kara for a year? a YEAR! and were STILL IN THERE, IT'S REDICULOUS!!

Lets get this done and move past this, because I know we can do much better then this!

This is of course still, in the voting on stage. I am curious if anyone else feels like this, or if a system like this is actually wanted in the guild.

- Atherial
Back to top Go down
Silvenori
Admin
Silvenori

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Point Reward System - 1st Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point Reward System - 1st Draft   Point Reward System - 1st Draft Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:28 pm

I like the idea......kinda.

Reason I don't like it, is personal......I'm a bad gambler. But that is the down side to DKP so I guess I can live with it.

Or another idea is go in attendance priority? Kinda like the system you are proposing but you get 1 point for showing up and 2 points for staying thru the end. And at the beginning of the raid the Loot Master just makes a list of people from most points to least points and the item goes to the person who is a "VALID" user of the item and goes to the person IF it's an upgrade but then goes down the list and if you get to the bottom and no one claims it DE it.

This might go a bit faster seeing that we don't need to bid on it. It'll strictly be done on attendance and the item will then go to the person who most likely will be at the next raid and if that person already has it it can goto someone else who needs it.

With this proposal items will goto first the people who are at the raids every week thus making each run go faster and smoother. Then the item will goto people who are there alot but not always helping our alternate runners get geared. Then it will goto people who show up infrequently so our guildies get gear too and finally goes to shards for the bank.

The CON to this way would be if you had someone on runs 100% of the time and someone who is 50% of the time and we finally get a run that everything drops for that class then the person who is there 100% of the time will get all of the upgrades and the 50% will get nothing. But 2 things about this situation. First the 100% person could be nice and pass so the other will get a chance on some or second the 100% person will get fully geared making future runs go smoother so next that that 50% person will get everything and because we have a 100%'er geared out we can defiantly get to that boss again.

Just my 2 coppers to let things go faster and get people who are dedicated get geared faster so we can help the not so dedicated and people who have real lives Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

Point Reward System - 1st Draft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wrath of Lordaeron :: Raid Staging Ground :: Outlands Raids-
Jump to: