The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
friztbeaver
friztbeaver

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-14

FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Empty
PostSubject: FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009!   FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:31 pm

So Blizz says that as a Canadian I can enter the 2009 Arena Tournament for FREE for writing an essay as opposed to coughing up $20 for round one and an extra $20 for round two qualifiers.

I have just written my essay (250 words). It's not great but it saves me $40! so here it is in all it's lameness... If nothing else READ THE LAST 3 LINES!
Authors note: I suck at PVP, really.

The tournament gaming mentality – a U.S. vs. Canada Perspective
By Friztbeaver

The way that tournament gaming is approached in the United States of America is vastly different than the Canadian perspective. As with all American based competitions the focus is on the almighty dollar. Varsity sports, college sports, professional competitive sports, Olympic sports, fishing competitions, fighting events, and video gaming competitions are all based on monetary gain in the United States of America.

In Canada there are laws and regulations concerning compensation for the participation in gaming events of all kinds. College sports participants cannot be compensated for participation in Canada whereas in the United States they are lured into competition with the promises of cars and money. All competitive gaming competitions revolve around entry fees and massive prizes for first place. The Canadian approach to gaming is greatly more philosophical and sportsmanlike than its U.S. counterpart.

That is not to say that Canadians do not like money or would not be happy to be directly compensated for participation in gaming events. Our Olympic athletes would love to be paid for what they do. Our college athletes would love to get paid for what they do. Our criminally minded pro athletes would love to write books about their crimes and be compensated for it. Fortunately they can’t here in Canada. That is why they move to the United States.

All forms of competitive gaming are cash-based money grabbing incentives in the United States. We as Canadians have laws and policies that are intended to stem the tide of rampant materialism and the glorification of the Spirit of Competition for financial gain.

Why do I want a free entry into the 2009 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament?
*To kick some materialistic American ass!*
You can keep your prizes... American money is ugly anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g33kt3ch.ca

FREE entrance into Arena Tournament 2009!
Page 1 of 1