The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Not in game but on the boards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silvenori
Admin
Silvenori

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Not in game but on the boards Empty
PostSubject: Not in game but on the boards   Not in game but on the boards Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 pm

We have implemented a new module to the website. We have added the power of WOWHEAD.

What does this mean?

This means that you can now create a URL link to an item and it will appear as a tool tip on our website. For example (if you hover your mouse over these):

Blessed Gauntlets of Undead Slaying
Blessed Spaulders of Undead Slaying
Blessed Legplates of Undead Slaying
Blessed Breastplate of Undead Slaying

How do you do this?
  1. Goto www.wowhead.com and look up the item you are wanting to talk about.
  2. Once you are on that item's webpage copy the link in the address bar.
  3. Come back to these forums and make your post
  4. Once you type in your item name like: Blessed Breastplate of Undead Slaying
  5. Highlight the name of the item and click on the "Link" button above the box where you are typing
  6. You might have to scroll down again but you will see 2 tags around the item name. One will be: [ url ] and the other will be [ /url ]
  7. Now all you have to do is in the first tag (the [ url ] ) just add: = followed by pasting your copied link from wowhead. So for the example: Blessed Breastplate of Undead Slaying it would read:

[ url=http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43069 ] Blessed Breastplate of Undead Slaying [ /url ]

8. If you have done it correctly if you post it (or preview) the stuff in the [ and ] will not appear but if you hover your cursor over the name Blessed Battlegear of Undead Slaying it should pop up a tooltip with the information

NOTE: in my examples I have added spaces after the [ and before the ] just so they would show up in the posting. In you posts please do not do this. make sure the url is right after the [ without space like this; [url and same goes for anything before the ].

If you need help just make your post and send me an IM. I'll help you out. It's a bit extra work when posting but it allows people to see the item you are talking about without having to leave our website then have to come back to finish reading your post. And if you are talking about several items they can keep referring back and forth between them quickly.
Back to top Go down

Not in game but on the boards
Page 1 of 1