The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Suggested Mods!

Go down 
+2
Foddermike
Idachi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Idachi
Idachi

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-23

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 3:20 pm

First and foremost, I am a modoholic. Every week my UI goes through some sort of change, and almost every week I go through my Addons folder getting rid of the useless/crappy ones. In the never-ending quest to get my UI juuust the way I like it, I've found a few addons that I just have to give shoutouts to!

Interface Mods:

• Bongos! I've tried a lot of other bar mods...Discord took up too much space, I couldn't get FlexBar to keep a profile, and Trinity Buttons was just a little too buggy for my tastes. Bongos, however, was crazy easy to use and set up and it doesn't lag out the computer like Discord did!

• X-perl is a godsend. Healing mode, aggro outlines, distance indicators, it's even got a nice "How many healers are targetting you?" function.

• Fubar (or TitanPanel) and it's various submods. I'm more of a FuBar person myself, but I've heard Titan works just as good. Both are VERY nice little mods that puts a bar on top (or bottom or middle or whatever) of your screen, telling you basically anything you want to know.

Notable Fubar submods:
    • DurabilityFu - Shows the durability of your equipped items and your current repair cost.

• PerformanceFu - Shows latency, framerate and memory usage.

• CharmsFu - Set raid icons from your fubar. Nice for raids.

• ClockFu - Simple clock for Fubar. Can show either the server time or your local time.

• ExperienceFu - Shows your kills to level, time until you level, how much time you've played that level, etc.

• HerbTrackerFu - Shows how many herbs you have in your inventory, bank, or alts. Good for herbalists, not so much gerbalists.

• HonorFu - Shows your kill-to-death ratio, your honor gained today, and has a calendar for the upcoming battleground weekends.

• LocationFu - Shows recommended zones for your level, recommended instances, instances in the zone you're in, and shows coordinates for where your character is.

• QuestsFu - Nice Quest tracker. Shows how far you've progressed in all your current quests with just one mouseover.

• MoneyFu - Shows how much money you have on all your characters, how much money you've made (or have lost) in an hour, etc.

• eePanels is great if you're into organization. If you've ever seen those custom UI shots with everything in boxes, that's what eePanels is. Not much else to say, it's more of a cosmetic thing than a super functional thing.

• XPBarNone a great replacement for Bongos' crummy XP bar (the only thing I hate about Bongos).

• Bagnon is an addon I always take for granted until a new patch comes out and all the addons get turned off for a minute. Simply put, it turns your bags into one big bag, complete with a search function, colored borders for colored items (rares, epics, etc), viewing of your alt's bags, and a big bank bag as well.

• Ah, EquipCompare. Why isn't this in the actual UI yet? Yet another addon I couldn't live without, EquipCompare is perfect for those "Oh crap do I need on these new boots?" moments, by showing the stats of the item you're mousing over and the stats of what you're currently wearing. Simple.

Raid Mods:

• The only raid mod I really use is Grid, and it's crazy useful and not all that hard to learn. For example, if a person's square has a red outline that means they've got aggro. If a person's square goes from showing their name to showing a number, that means they're in need of some healage. When I used to use the default raid boxes, my screen was too cluttered and it tended to lag, but Grid's nice and minimal.

• If you're not big on Grid there's always OzRaid for another alternative to the default raid UI. Very similar to Grid, only Oz also has the ability to put main tanks in one window, healers in another window, etc.

Combat Mods:

• Even though Blizzard added a gimpy version to their UI, I still swear by Scrolling Combat Text. My favorite thing ever: set the animation to rainbow, go to Deadmines, pull EVERYTHING up to the orge boss, and CONCECRATE! Numbers spew everywhere! Anywhoom, SCT has a lot of things the Blizzard version doesn't have, plus a lot of fun extras.

• MetaHUD. Ely and I used to use DHUD, but after a while the creator got whiny and stopped updating. MetaHUD is basically just DHUD with a different name. I can't really think of a simple explination of a HUD, other than Goldeneye64. Basically, it's your health/mana in the center of the screen, which makes it easier to know you're gonna die. Did you guys ever play G64? DK mode and Slappers Only, yo!

• Ely and I also used to use a buff mod called CTBuffMod. It would display your buffs as bars, rather than little squares. Unfortunately, CTBuffMod used very thick bars (and a stupid resizing system), and the more buffs you got, the more cluttered everything became. Enter Elkano's BuffBars. Much smaller, much thinner, and takes up way less addon space.

• BigBrother. Get it. Even if you're not a mage or ever plan on rolling one, you should have it. How many parties have you been in that's wiped due to a multi-shotting huntard? BigBrother will announce who broke the sheep and with what attack. Unfortunately, there's no way to inform the party (other than you relaying it into party chat) about the sheep, but at least you have proof! PROOF! Also, I'm going through the code trying to add a 'announce to party/raid' function, but it's a little harder than I thought. As it turns out, the addon code is kinda-sorta like Java and C++, but kinda-sorta not...so I'm kinda-sorta stumped.

• If you have multiple gear sets for multiple tasks, I'd suggest you get Outfitter for easy switching. I don't really use it much anymore because I sold my clothadin gear (it was all level 58-60. My plate healadin gear is oodles better), but it's still a pretty good addon.

• Chronometer Is a nifty thing if you're planning on rolling a warlock, druid, shadow priest, or anything else that might use DoTs or HoTs. Basically, Chronometer shows the debuffs that you cast on the baddies as bars, complete with timers. Pretty useful, but it might be a little bit repetitive if you're gonna get a sphere mod.

Sphere Mods:

What's a sphere mod? A sphere mod is a mod with several useful buttons around a sphere. Most sphere mods are class-specific, so if I went on and on about it, it would just get redundant.

Misc. Mods:

• Prat's a really great chat addon. Timestamps, chat colors, links, a moveable editbox, and my personal favorite: shorter channel names! Yell becomes [Y], General chat becomes [1], etc. Yay for Prat!

• WoWEcon shows how much something will vendor for AND the average price of the item on the auction house. Very nice for those random greens you find from time to time. When BC first came out, it was acting a little wiggy because it couldn't find a vendor/auction price for all the new items, but it seems to be working fine now. If you have characters on other realms, make sure to include their realm in the list of AH prices you want to monitor, or you'll wind up with weird price glitches (example: when I visit my undead 'lock on Detheroc it occasionally shows that a single piece of linen cloth auctions for 45 gold!)

• IgnoreMore is for goofs like me who just can't ignore enough people. I put level 12s on ignore for asking for Deadmines runs. I put a level 70 rogue on ignore for saying the only way paladins could heal for more than 3000 is to use Lay on Hands. My Blood Elf's ignore list is probably even longer than Idachi's...but he has to put up with Barrens chat, poor guy.

• Do I really have to talk about Atlas and AtlasLoot: Enhanced? Atlas is good for instance maps and a few basic loot tables, AtlasLoot Enhanced shows drop rate. Of course, if you're just in it for the loot tables (like I am), just grab AtlasLoot Enhanced.

• Now, normally I'd kinda consider MozzFullWorldMap cheating. When a quest dude asks me to go out to *Unexplored Area X* and kill things, I get on my horse and run all over the place trying to find *Unexplored Area X*, but I understand sometimes you get invited to instances in *Unexplored Area X* and there's a certain amount of hurry-up involved. Mozz comes complete with a 'show unexplored areas' checkbox that shows all the areas you've yet to be in dark green.

• Squeenix makes your map a SQUARE! And enables mousewheel scrolling for your map!

• MoveAnything is useful if you're into moving...anything. Good if you're going to rearrange your UI.

• ClearFont isn't really necissary, it's just for fun. You can change the entire default font to a choice of seven ClearFont fonts...there's also a way to put in your own, but I don't quite know how.

• With all these addons you'll probably need some sort of organizations, which is where CSAddOnOrganizer comes in. If I'm playing a character with tailoring/enchanting, why would I want HerbTrackerFu running? CSAddOnOrganizer allows you to set up profiles and disable certain addons for certain characters. It also has a Reload UI button, which is good because I forgot the slash command to reload the ui a loooong time ago.

Compilations and Suites:

Personally, I'd advise against downloading an entire compilation because it's usually very chaotic at first to get used to it. Also, it's a lot esaier to work out the bugs when you download your mods one by one. I'd rather download a new addon and get a mysterious error message rather than download 75 new addons and get a mysterious addon message.

Examples

Here are a few of my character's UIs. Nothing mind-blowing or anything, just kinda simple. Most of them look kinda similar because I use most of the same addons on all of them...no reason in downloading 50+ new mods just for one character!

(Thumbnails!)
<---Widescreen lappy mode!

More on the way, and sorry for the wall of text!
If anyone's got any mods they'd like to showcase, feel free to add something!

Last edited by on Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foddermike
Foddermike

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-09-28

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:36 pm

By Lathander's Light lass, ye sure do 'ave enough mods runnin. It's a wonder yer poor, poor pooter doesn't cry out from the strain ye force it to toil under!

Seriously though, you listed off a few mods that looked like they could be quite useful for pretty much everyone. I know I'm going to try a few of them out and put in me 2-1/2 cents worth (I'm a Holy Priest again.. opinion has to count fer something enh? *winks*).

-Foddermike, Grand Pubah, Northern Chapter
Back to top Go down
Idachi
Idachi

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-12-23

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Oh, my computer tends to take its revenge. Pre-Burning Crusade, I had a ton of mods that messed with the action bars/unit frames. These such mods tended to use up a lot of the poor computer's resources, and he (I mean, I guess the computer's a male) developed a devious game of Russian Roulette. Everytime I started WoW up and logged into a character, I had a 20% chance of the computer totally shutting down. Fortunately once BC rolled around and all the addons went kaput I found much better addons that didn't take nearly as much memory to use.

Oh, while were on topic, if you plan on downloading a lot of these mods, you might want to set the Script Memory on your addons section to 0. That way it doesn't have a limited number and it can use as much memory as it wants. I'm not very good at explaining the technical jargon as to why this works...there's a very good reason why I'm majoring in Animation, not Advanced Computer Smartness.

(Ath taught me and Ely that one so he deserves some Kudos. We used to always put some crazy-high number in there like 99, but it tended to start freaking out the computers and lagging things like madness. Those Schoolhouse Rock guys are right...zero is my hero.)
Back to top Go down
Silverflask
Silverflask

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-09-23

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 1:49 am

My head is spinning from just READING all of those mods let alone using them! lol, Awesome page for those of us who hate searching the net for this kind of stuff!
Back to top Go down

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:42 pm

I didn't see one of the most important ones listed.....

MUST HAVE: Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) every "raider" should have this.

I love Xperl and Xbar, Fubar is great. Quartz is good because i like have that larger cast bar and the focus bars for shoing my times left on buffs, debuffs, and sheeps

I also run Cellular, its an IM panel for all of my tells, keeps a history of all conversations in whisper.

For Shaman forget Totumus.... FloTotumBar is WAY better

For any healer... Healbot is the best healing mod I have ever seen.. I swear By it

Omen and Damagemeter.... Get them.. enough said

Gatherer keeps track or mining point, herb points, and chest locations... share then w/ your guild or party if they have it installed.

These are some of the best mods I have seen and ones I KNOW work well in raids. There are a few other mandatory ones for TK but we won't get into those yet.
Back to top Go down
Atherial
Admin
Atherial

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2006-09-19

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Yeah, Omen we actually insist that everyone get.. Deadly Boss mods are very nice for people that want to use them... as long as everyone turns of that warning announcement other then the raid leader.. We toss around the assistant Leader ranks quite a bit and it;s very annoying when half the guild starts spamming the same message!

Right now we have Mandatory for raiding as Follows:

Omen

G.E.M. aka Guild Event Manager, The channel to add by the way to get our messages is: twol

- Atherial
Back to top Go down
Foddermike
Foddermike

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:13 am

Looked over HealBot and looks interesting; not much different from what I'm already doing without it, but hey, if it makes healing easier/more efficient, I'm willing to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Karnec
Karnec

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:51 pm

thanks man, this really helped! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zarith
Druid
Zarith

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:59 pm

My personal favourite mod would have to be Ratingbuster. It basically breaks down the stats on your gear and compaires it to what you're already equiped with. It shows up as green or red numbers under the info plate on equipment. Green for stats that go up and red for ones that go down. It helps you decide what piece of equipment is better and you can tell it to show different stats. I have it set to show the important ones for a feral druid like armor, dodge, health, crit chance and feral attack power.

-Z and Dragon

Suggested Mods! WoWScrnShot_070508_193556-1
Back to top Go down
Foddermike
Foddermike

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Nice lookin' ting dere lass. I will have to check it out fer meself too.

Sincerely,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggested Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Mods!   Suggested Mods! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggested Mods!
Page 1 of 1