The Wrath of Lordaeron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrath of Lordaeron

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy New Year
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm by Administration Team

» Teamspeak Server
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am by Silvenori

» Warlock PvP
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm by Dargoth

» Players to receive buffs for ICC
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm by Dargoth

» Dropped my account
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am by Dobber

» Forums change For now
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm by Silvenori

» Guess whos Back!
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm by Dobber

» New TS Server.
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am by Atherial

» Recruiting
FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am by Dobber

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Foddermike
Foddermike

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2006-09-28

FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Empty
PostSubject: FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron   FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Wrath of Lordaeron
Guild FAQ

or...
"Hey n00b, RTFM"

Alrighty, here is a compilation of some questions you may or may not have thought about during your time here in the Guild. I will be adding to this list as time goes on, so if it seems short, it will grow.

Q: Who runs the Guild?
A: Cptpoor is the GM and Foddermike is Assistant GM. You have issues regarding the Guild and you, check with either of them.

Q: Who is on the Council?
A: Council Members or Officers are listed in the game as Archon or Knight Templar (for Officer Alts). To keep an up-to-date list of Council members is for another area of the Guild. Check the forums for such a scroll and if it is not there, ask the resident scribe to get on it so you know who to address your issues towards.

Q: Can someone level my character?
A: Short answer - maybe. We are working on getting our collective butt in gear for raiding once more and as such, might be off doing ungodly amounts of runs. Check to see if anyone is busy, but don't be disappointed if we are.

Q: Can someone help me with a quest?
A: If you're stuck and need *some* assistance on a quest, and if no one else is busy in a raid/instance/quest themselves, asking politely ONCE OR TWICE should find you someone who can help you out. If however others don't help you, perhaps they are just busy, so try another quest or something else for leveling/farming until someone can/will help you.

Q: Why won't anyone help me with my quests?
A: You are most likely spamming the chat/whisper channels with your repeated pleas for constant help, therefore we think you just want to be "power leveled" through, so you aren't getting any help. "The Guild Helps Those Who Help Themselves" - meaning if you aren't at least willing to do something on your own, don't expect anyone to help you.

Q: If I'm short on materials for increasing my professions, can the Guild help me out?
A: Definitely! The reason for being in a Guild is to get help with your in-game life. Just remember that what you get out of the Guild you should also look at putting back in as well; when others ask for help, offer it back, however you can.

Q: Do we sell extra items/materials to Guild Members?
A: No. In our glorious Guild we freely offer help to everyone without reward aside from the fuzzy warm feelings from doing good. We don't charge for our help.

Q: If I do charge others for my help, what will happen?
A: You will be exiled from the Guild, never to again return. All your alts will also be ejected and you will then be listed on the forum as one of the "Corrupted" so everyone will know how you deal with fellow players.

Q: Can I join raids when I'm not high enough to defend my own life?
A: See Foddermike. Yes you can join in on raids/dungeons/instances when you are technically too low for those particular runs, if the others in the group/party are willing to watch/cover/resurrect your sorry butt. Do try your best to follow the leader's orders and stay as clear from any NPCs as possible; you are the consummate "aggro magnet" and they all want to meet you.

Q: Can I roll on any loot when running with the "big kids" through instances?
A: That is up to the leader and/or group. If they let you along for the XP gain, be happy they let you come at all. If they're doing a "trash run" then you're most likely free to loot/roll for everything that drops. In that case, kiss their feet... unless it's Atherial, then make sure you rinse with soap afterwards (jk big guy!).

Q: Do I need TeamSpeak to join the Guild?
A: Yes and No. You don't have to have it to join. If you want to run in a RAID, you will need it. No one types that fast, nor reads at the speed of light, so TeamSpeak is a Guild RAID requirement. Plain and simple, you respond faster when you hear someone say it.

Q: During a RAID do I have a specific role to follow?
A: YES! And may the guild take pity on those who forget it. "Know Your Role and Be A Team Player." Those who forget what they're supposed to do in the RAID will almost certainly be the cause for a partial or total wipe. No one likes excessive repair bills, and they will take it out of your hide.

Q: Does The Wrath of Lordaeron enforce the use of specific addons/mods?
A: Yes, to a degree; the list changes so check with a Council member, Cptpoor or Foddermike: GroupCalendar (version 4+), TeamSpeak, and Omen are so far the only three addons/mods that are required, but only when doing RAIDS. Some other addons/mods are being tested by members for their benefits during raids, and *could* possibly become mandatory to better manage the raid group(s).

Q: During a RAID, can I roll on everything that drops?
A: No. There is a "Looting Guide" which we try to follow - if it's an upgrade over your current gear and applies to your spec/build, then you can roll on it. Exceptions to this are if there is someone else in the RAID who would benefit from the gear a lot more than you, you should consider giving them the loot. By gearing up a lesser geared member, you not only show them we aren't lewt hogz, but rather players who want everyone to benefit. Also, it helps make the run easier for everyone involved. An alternate method employs the Master Loot System and offers help to the RAID Leader as to determining which characters (not players) can roll for the dropped items. If you're a "marksman" Hunter, you won't get to roll for any "melee" type of weapons; it ain't part of your current build, so don't even ask.

Another exception is for characters that fill more than one roll, IE: Druids/Shamans. If an items drop that go in a healer's set and DPS set, if the guild is short on members or find one player switching between roles in a run/raid, then that character can roll on the item(s) in question. Keep in mind, however, this is all under the discretion of the Raid Leader.

Q: What is the Looting Guide?
A: The guide for leaders to follow is posted in the forums, freely available to all members for easy reference.

Q: Are there other Guild "guides" or rules posted on the forums?
A: Why yes, all official info is posted on the forums. Please feel free to read them. No really, please read them so we don't have to repeat ourselves over, an' over, an' over again.. If you don't see a specific "rule" or "guide" let us know and something will be done about it; either posting it or telling you not to worry about it.

Q: Does The Wrath of Lordaeron enforce any specific specs/builds for classes?
A: No! Never have and never will. We believe the player should be free to decide what their preferred build/spec is and to change whenever they feel they can afford it. We would like to see some specific builds, but we will never force anyone to change. Keep in mind, however, that this could affect your ability to roll for loot in RAIDS.

** FAQ currently maintained by Foddermike **
** FAQ started: November 27, 2006 **
** FAQ Update: November 27, 2006 **
** Last Update: Decmber 18, 2006 **
** Last Update: August 7, 2007 **
** Last Update: Feb 1, 2008 **
** Last Update: July 14, 2008 **

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

FAQ: Wrath of Lordaeron
Page 1 of 1